Robert, James and Josiah Williams
Prolific Exeter Silversmiths using this mark between 1846 and 1852. Robert registered his first mark in 1832 in 1846 his two sons; James and Josiah, joined him. These two that carried the company on, as Williams Brothers, after Robert's death around 1852.
Makers mark with Journeyman's mark
There is a monogram of "HEC" to the bow otherwise the tongs are plain, fiddle pattern as was common at the time. There is a journeyman's mark of x below the makers mark and they are fully hallmarked for Exeter 1846. The bowls resemble spoons. The tongs weigh 1 5/8 ounces and are 5 1/2 inches long.
Monogrammed Bow 1846 Exeter Hallmark